HOW TO APPLY FOR AN INVESTMENT CERTIFICATE IN KENYA
How To Apply For An Investment Certificate In Kenya – The Kenya Investment Authority is mandated to issue the Investment Certificate to Foreign Investors that Invest at least USD 100,000 and Local Investors who Invest at least 1,000,000 KES. The Investors License Helps In Facilitating the Investor In terms of foreign taxpayer registration, immigration services, National Environmental Management Authority (NEMA) information, Kenya Power and Lighting Company (KPLC) services and Federation of Kenya Employers (FKE) services.
Another Major Benefit to the investor is that they are entitled to three class D Work Permits for management or technical staff and three class C, F or G Work permits for owners, shareholders or partners for a maximum period of two years.
The Investment Application Cycle is as follows;
- Apply with KenInvest to be a registered investor
- Proof of investment of at least 100,000 USD for a foreign investor will be required
- Obtain acknowledgement letter and request for investment certificate
- There will be inspection of work premises
- Investment certificate can then be issued upon approval
The Whole Cycle can take about 10 working days and you are required to submit the following Documents;
- Duly filled Application Forms
- Copy of Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Proof of investment (Local Bank Statement with at least USD 100,000)
We hope that this Blog gave you the insight you Needed on How To Apply for an Investment Certificate in Kenya. Feel free to Contact Us Today for any clarification on the same.
All the Best 😊