Business Registration service in Kenya
Business Registration Service in Kenya – Kenya has seen a number of changes in doing business such as the reduced number of steps taken to register a business, the combination of the business licenses to form the unified business permit and now revolutionizing the registration process by being part of the digital migration and ensuring that the registration process is done online and therefore, there is no need to physically present yourself in the registrar office.
The new changes have made the country to jump 5 places from position 61 to position 56 in the ease of doing business list as per a report that was done by the World Bank.
The changes in ranking are partly attributed to reforms that have been undertaken in business laws and registration processes, which fall under the purview of the Business Registration Service.
The Business Registration Service (BRS) was enacted by the Business Registration Service Act 2015 as a semi-autonomous body under the office of the Attorney General and the Department of Justice to oversee the operations of the Company Registry, Movable Property Security Rights Registry(Collateral Registry), Insolvency (Official Receivers) Registry and the Hire Purchase Registry.
Their role is to:
- Carry out all registrations required under the Business Registration Act.
- Maintain registers, data and records on registrations carried out by the Service.
- Collaborate with other state agencies that are in line with their function.
- Implement relevant policies and guidelines.
- To guide the formulation of policy, amend existing policies and recommend any and all improvements to the government by providing the AG with all the necessary information.
- Perform any more functions that are necessary under the BRS act.
The following are services the BRS performs under the Company Registry function;
- Business name search and reservation.
- Business name registration
- Private limited company registration
- Public limited company registration
- Limited liability Partnership Registration.
- Official Search
The Business Registration Service address is:
Sheria House, 2nd Floor
P. O. Box 30031-00100
Harambee Avenue, Nairobi, Kenya.
We hope that this Blog has taught you something about Business Registration Service In Kenya. Contact us Today for help in the Registration Process