DRC Has the Potential to become Africa’s Richest Economy due to the Abundance of Mineral deposits like copper, cobalt, gold, diamonds, zinc, iron and uranium. DRC also has the second Largest Fresh Water river after the Amazon in terms of volume and also has the world’s Second Largest Tropical forest.
The DRC has a Population of about 84 Million People and the Economy is Largely unexploited with Numerous Business Opportunities in the Mining Industry, Energy Sector, Construction and Real Estate, Food Processing and ICT Sector. The Few Sectors restricted for foreigners include establishing retail Commerce (Petit Commerce) and Foreign investment in the Agricultural Sector is Limited at 49% ownership
The Tax regime in the Democratic republic of Congo is Quite Straight forward with the Tax rate for personal Income ranging from 0 to 30 %, Corporation Tax is at 30% for Mining Companies, 35% Corporation tax for the other Companies and Vat at 18%.
Company Registration in the Democratic Republic of Congo Summary Table
|Entity||Subsidiary Company||Branch Company|
|How Long does the Company registration process Take?||10 Days||10 Days|
|How long Does it take to Open Bank Account?||5 Days||5 Days|
|After how Long can you Invoice and Hire||15 Days||15 Days|
|Minimum Number of Directors and Shareholders||1||–|
|Foreigner Can own the Company 100%||Yes||Yes|
|Can the entity hire expatriate staff||Yes||Yes|
|Tax Identification Registration required||Yes||Yes|
|Access to DRC double Tax treaties||Yes||Yes|
|Can bid for Government Contracts?||Yes||Yes|
|Can Secure Trade Finance?||Yes||Yes|
|Can Secure an Import and Export Licence?||Yes||Yes|
|Can Easily Convert into a PLC?||Yes||No|
|Can Secure Work permits for foreign Employees and Directors?||Yes||Yes|
|Multi Currency Bank Accounts Available?||Yes||Yes|
Kindly Click Here To Contact Us For Additional information on Company Registration in the Democratic Republic of Congo or to Request for a Quotation.
Simple Steps on How to Register a Company In Kenya –
To Register a Company In Kenya You only need to Follow the Following Simple Steps. The Process is Equally Simple for Both Local and Foreign Directors.
1. We Meet you and get to Understand your Business
2. We Receive Official instructions and Registration Documents from the Client.
3. We Conduct a Name Search and prepare the Registration Forms
4. The Client Signs All the Registration Forms
5. Company Registration is Approved and Client receives the Incorporation Certificate and Form Cr12
6. KRA PIN, NHIF, NSSF Registration and Bank Account Opening
7. Client Receives all the Company Registration Documents
Click here to Read More about our Company registration Services.
New Company & Branch Registration Process in Kenya for Foreigners – Are you looking to start a Business in Kenya? Here are the guidelines that you would need to know.
There are two ways for you to register a company as a foreigner, one as a limited company and the other as a subsidiary company.
For a limited Company (LLC) / Subsidiary
The new procedures now allow a single person to register a limited Company as a Foreigner; this means you do not need a Kenyan director to co-own the company with you. You can own the company 100%.
The Registration process is as follows:
First you have to avail at least 3 names on which we are going to conduct a Name Search to ensure that the name is available for you. If the names are available we will continue with the process, which includes you providing the following
1. Copy of your valid Travel Passport
2. Passport size Photo
3. Telephone Number, Physical, email and Postal Addresses of the Directors
4. Occupation of the Foreign Shareholder(s)
5. Shares apportionment percentage incase the company has More than 1 Director.
Once you have all the requirements we go ahead and fill in the CR1, CR2, CR8 and the statement of nominal capital, which you are required to sign and send back to us to finish the process.
If the process is successful you will be issued with a Certificate of Incorporation and CR12. You will use the certificate of incorporation to register with the Kenya Revenue Authority for the company Pin number.
Registering a Branch Company
A Branch Company is an Entity that is not any Different from the Parent Company with a Name and Activities Exactly as the Parent Company and its Liabilities extends to the Parent Company. In Short, A branch is just an Extension of the Parent Company.
The process of Registration is similar to the limited Company mentioned above however you would need to avail the following documentations.
1. Certified copies of the parent Company’s Certificate of Incorporation
2. Certified copies of the Charter, Statutes or Memorandum and Articles of Association of the parent Company
3. List of the Directors of the Parent Company giving the following particulars: Full Names, Postal address, Nationality and Business Occupation
4. Name(s) and Postal Address of one or more persons resident in Kenya authorized to accept service on behalf of the company.
5. Full address of the Registered or Principal office of the parent company.
6. Full address of the place of Business in Kenya.
If the process is successful you will be issued with a Compliance Certificate. You will use the Compliance Certificate to register with the Kenya Revenue Authority for the company Pin number.
Kindly Click on this link to read more on the differences between Branch and Subsidiary