Kenya is currently the largest Producer of Pharmaceutical products in the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) region, and this is as a result of the Governments’ Efforts to promote local and Foreign Investment in the Sector.
Pharmaceutical Sector in Kenya
Opportunities in the Pharmaceutical Sector include but are not limited to the following;
- Set up pharmaceutical manufacturing industries which can produce drugs, ARVs, and Vaccines;
- Provision of production of medical gases and oxygen generators plants;
- Production of Medical Equipment and Maintenance;
- Provision of specialized diagnostic services e.g., DNA tests, MRI, Nuclear/ radiologist tests and open heart surgery in specific centers.
- Multipurpose chemical plant for bulk production of intermediate inputs such as paracetamol, aspirin, etc.
- Chemical plant to manufacture the anti-tuberculosis, anti-leprosy, antibiotic rifampicin from the penultimate state.
- Manufacture of Quinine by extraction from Cinchona bark and subsequent purification and synthesis to Quinine Sulphate.
- Extraction of Hecogenin from sisal waste and synthesis of Betamethasone from Hecogenin
- Manufacture of Latex gloves and Condoms.
Contact Us Today For More Info on How We Can Help you take advantage of the Diverse Opportunities in the Pharmaceutical Sector