Company Secretary Job in Kenya
Job Purpose: Provide advisory services to clients based on Company Set up Best Practices, Corporate Governance Principles, enable clients successfully register at the Companies Registry, set up and incorporate business entities and ensure compliance with statutory requirements.
• Advise Clients on Company Set Up Best Practices
• Link businesses on eCitizen portal
• Coordinate and facilitate the incorporation and set up of businesses
• Advisory and guidance to clients based on corporate governance principles
• Maintain the company’s statutory registers and books
• File statutory documents at the Companies Registry and conduct searches
• File annual returns and any other statutory forms with the Registrar of Companies
• Update the annual returns diary
• Liaise with the Filing Clerk to receive regular updates on any pending work at the Companies Registry
• File and retain client documents in respective files and update them regularly
• Arrange meetings of the directors and the shareholders i.e. issue of proper notices of meetings, preparation of agenda, circulation of relevant papers and taking and producing minutes to record the business transacted at the meetings and the decisions taken
• Update the statutory books, notably Register of directors, shareholders, debentures etc.
• Attend to client requests on a timely basis and escalate any concerns accordingly
• Inform the Registrar of Companies of any significant changes in the company’s structure or management i.e. appointment or resignation of directors, transfer of shares etc.
• Establish and maintain the company’s registered office as the address for any formal communications
• Ensure the security of the company’s legal documents i.e. Certificate of Incorporation and Memorandum and Articles of Association
• Follow up with the Company Set up Clients
• Undertake general administration duties as may be required from time to time
• Accomplish assignments to the satisfaction of management and to the firm’s standards
• Any other cognate duties as may be assigned by the Director and manager of the department and any officer as delegated by the Chief Operating Officer, Managing Partner and/or Chief Executive Officer
Key Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce/ Business, Law, Economics or related commercial field
• At least Certified Public Secretary (CPS) Section 5. CPS-K will be an added advantage
• At least 3 years’ cumulative experience in Corporate Secretarial Services / Business Development
Key Skills and Competencies
• Sound knowledge of Corporate Governance
• Good managerial skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Good negotiation skills
• Attention to detail
• Excellent prioritization and time management skills
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, skills and experience send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include your current and expected remuneration package in the cover letter.
Application Deadline is 24/08/2018
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Strategies to Succeed in Business in Kenya – To Succeed in Business in Kenya today, you need to be flexible and have good planning and organizational skills. Many people start a company thinking that they will turn on their computers or open their doors and start making money, only to find that making more in a business is much more difficult than they thought
To be successful in business you need to be organized. Organization will help you complete tasks and stay on top of things. Create a to-do list each day and as you complete the item check it off your list. Therefore you will not forget anything and making sure that all the tasks are covered.
Learn to understand and appreciate your company as an asset. If you were to sell or to divert your time elsewhere could the business survive without you? Build a business that is bigger than you. This will allow you to keep the business vibrant and growing forever with or without you.
You need a destination and you need a map to go there. There is nothing wrong about planning for your success. A business plan helps the business owner to think thorough issues and understand problems. Create a strategic plan for the company have long and short term goals. The short term enables greater accuracy in completing the action steps to achieve the key initiatives.
Who is your customer, where are they located and how large is the market? When they look at my company what do they see? Take time to understand your customers and consider how they react to your products/ services. it is easy to create marketing materials but the magic comes if you have strong strategy behind that, that’s focused on objectives you have targeted to customers you are trying to attract. Social media is an incredible asset to any business which builds a network of followers, friends and supporters that you can count on.
One can excel in every other step, but business success will depend greatly on how well you can sell. Learn the art of selling, get outside help where needed. There are 6 aspects of sales, the Society – knowing who is being targeted and who the ideal client is; Silo – identifying the niche the business can dominate; Solution – recognizing the problems the business can solve that on other business can solve; Strategy – developing a plan; Structure – accountability, management and compensation of the sales force; and Systems – the methodology that the business deploys.
Competition breeds the best results. To be successful, you can’t be afraid to study and learn from your competitors. After all, they may be doing something right that you can implement in your business to make more money.
Making a business successful as a lot to do with the ability to attract and retain quality employees who will be the face of the business. A benefits program as part of the company compensation package is a tool to build loyalty within an employee pool. It shows how much an employer cares about them, and employers who care get employees who care.
Accounting is important when you are starting a business, you get to know what you’re getting into in terms of numbers. Financial statements show the health of the business. Make sure as a business owner you understand the ins and outs of cash, plan to build wealth, pay taxes, provide benefits for employees, and compliance measures. Dealing with customer debt is an issue in business you should ask yourself how risky is the client? Should the business collect a retainer up-front? Keep your business account separate from your personal account. For financial reporting, establish good policies and procedures dorm the beginning. Have consistent policies and procedures in place so that as you add people the organization, you will continue to record transactions in the same consistent manner.
Customer service is the differentiator of business, your competitors will be able to copy your products or service but they can never duplicate people. As a business your number one focus should be trying to build a relationship not just complete a transaction. Get to know why the customer prefers your products/services and help them find success in using your products/service. They will get emotionally attached to your company and this is a proactive contact as well as in reactionary response to complaints. With social media complaints and issues today travel fast, ignoring compliant can hurt your business brands but dealing with them can potentially promote it.
Technology is important for its ability to help businesses scale up to provide consistent results. The advantage with technology is that it enables business functions to connect directly with each other. However technology keeps evolving therefore as a business you either invent or improve with the times. This will help in faster delivery of products/services, to making you an efficient business. No matter how great your product, you must perpetually innovate your offerings or die.
Always remember that you can never make a successful business alone you will need help so it is critical that you understand at what point you really need help. Feel free to Contact Us today for a Free First Consultation Session
Market Research in Kenya – When Should Companies Conduct a Market Research in Kenya ?
Is there a wrong time to do Market Research? Not really. However, Conduction Research at the right time can significantly alter the results you get.
Market Research is critical to new start-ups survival. Before launching a Company or a Product, Entrepreneurs should make sure they have a detailed Research Report.
This, however, does not exempt established companies from conducting a Market Research. Understanding the Market and Formulating a plan is important to both new and established companies.
Your company should do research;
These are a few scenarios where your company would need a detailed market research report. However, the information you gather will play a key role in day to day operations of your organization.
Market research is a crucial step that every start and business should do on a regular basis. The information gathered will not only help them plan for success, but avoid pitfalls that they would not have seen. Now that you understand the why and when, we shall cover how to do it in over the coming articles.
Click on this link to Contact us for help in Market Research.