Starting a business in Kenya can be a daring task without enlisting professional help from a business consultant. There are a number of ‘hoops’ that must be circumnavigated and the process can be time consuming and a distraction from the all important task of establishing your business.
Below we detail the various classes of Permits and their respective requirements.
|Header 1||Work||Header 3|
|Item 1||Description of Item 1||5822|
|Item 2||Description of Item 2||$300|
|Work Permit Class||Eligible Persons||Requirements||Processing Fee||Annual Fee|
|A||Persons intending to engage in prospecting for Minerals or Mining||– Applicants should have the necessary Mining licenses and Registrations.
– For renewals current license held for prospecting Minerals and copy of PIN is required.
– Proof of Sufficient Capital or Resources for Investment.
|B||Persons wishing to invest in Agriculture and Animal Husbandry||– Proof of land ownership or leasehold interest in land for the purpose.
– Proof of Capital available for the purpose.
– Clearance from Relevant Bodies.
– For renewals current license held for Agribusiness and copy of PIN is required.
|D||Persons offered specific employment by a specific employer who is qualified to undertake that employment.||– Copies of academic/professional certificates along with the CV.
– Evidence that the organization failed to fill the vacancy from the local labor market.
– Form 25 dully filled, signed and sealed by the company.
|KSH 10,000||KSH 200,000|
|G||Investors in Specific Trade, Business or Consultancy||– Documentary proof of Capital to be invested/already invested minimum of 100,000 US dollars or equivalent in any other currency.
– Registration Certificate of the Company OR Certificate of incorporation.
– Copies of personal and company PIN (Personal Identification Number) if business is running.
– For renewals; audited accounts for previous 2 years and a certificate of tax compliance from the Kenya Revenue Authority.
|KSh 10,000||KSH 100,000|
|I||Issued to persons in the Country for Religious or Charitable Purposes.||– A copy of registration certificate of the organization.
– Academic and professional certificates of the applicant.
|KSH 10,000||KSH 100,000|
|K||Persons who have an assured income derived from sources outside and undertakes not to accept paid employment of any kind.||– Documentary proof of assured income is required for Class K.||KSh 10,000||KSH 100,000|
|M||Work permit issued to Conventional Refugees.||– Recognition letters from UNHCR and Department of Refugee Affairs.||– Processing Fee Gratis.||– Permit is issued Gratis|
|SPECIAL PASS||– Persons given specific employment by specific employer fora short duration not exceeding three (3) months||– Forwarding letter from institution/applicant||KSH 15,000 Per Month|
Work Permits processing may at times take about 3 months and hence we always advice our clients to apply for a work permit jointly with a Special Pass because a special pass takes about 1 Week to process meaning you can start working in Kenya immediately after lodging the application as you wait for the completion of the work permit application process.
Feel free to Contact us Today and we’ll be happy to answer your Queries and help you apply for Work Permits in the most convenient way possible.