Company Secretary Job in Kenya
Job Purpose: Provide advisory services to clients based on Company Set up Best Practices, Corporate Governance Principles, enable clients successfully register at the Companies Registry, set up and incorporate business entities and ensure compliance with statutory requirements.
• Advise Clients on Company Set Up Best Practices
• Link businesses on eCitizen portal
• Coordinate and facilitate the incorporation and set up of businesses
• Advisory and guidance to clients based on corporate governance principles
• Maintain the company’s statutory registers and books
• File statutory documents at the Companies Registry and conduct searches
• File annual returns and any other statutory forms with the Registrar of Companies
• Update the annual returns diary
• Liaise with the Filing Clerk to receive regular updates on any pending work at the Companies Registry
• File and retain client documents in respective files and update them regularly
• Arrange meetings of the directors and the shareholders i.e. issue of proper notices of meetings, preparation of agenda, circulation of relevant papers and taking and producing minutes to record the business transacted at the meetings and the decisions taken
• Update the statutory books, notably Register of directors, shareholders, debentures etc.
• Attend to client requests on a timely basis and escalate any concerns accordingly
• Inform the Registrar of Companies of any significant changes in the company’s structure or management i.e. appointment or resignation of directors, transfer of shares etc.
• Establish and maintain the company’s registered office as the address for any formal communications
• Ensure the security of the company’s legal documents i.e. Certificate of Incorporation and Memorandum and Articles of Association
• Follow up with the Company Set up Clients
• Undertake general administration duties as may be required from time to time
• Accomplish assignments to the satisfaction of management and to the firm’s standards
• Any other cognate duties as may be assigned by the Director and manager of the department and any officer as delegated by the Chief Operating Officer, Managing Partner and/or Chief Executive Officer
Key Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce/ Business, Law, Economics or related commercial field
• At least Certified Public Secretary (CPS) Section 5. CPS-K will be an added advantage
• At least 3 years’ cumulative experience in Corporate Secretarial Services / Business Development
Key Skills and Competencies
• Sound knowledge of Corporate Governance
• Good managerial skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Good negotiation skills
• Attention to detail
• Excellent prioritization and time management skills
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, skills and experience send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include your current and expected remuneration package in the cover letter.
Application Deadline is 24/08/2018
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted